Sunday, September 5, 2010

Photojournal of the Acropolis

Forgive my brevity with this post, but we just got back from a lovely weekend in Hydra (an island off of Greece), and I have some catching up I need to do with my posting!  Here is a photojournal of our Friday trip to the Acropolis Museum.


The Acropolis Museum
We weren't allowed to take pictures inside -
I wasn't risking it, 'cause I've heard that Greek
museum guards take their jobs very seriously!
My first time on the Greek metro -
here is our metro stop at the Acropolis.
Walkway outside the museum.
We could see through the glass we were
standing on right down to the ruins!
Acropolis
We didn't climb up when we visited, but
I have a feeling I'll be back.
I actually am not sure what this is...
but as Mandee (teaching fellow) would say
"Ruins!"
Part of a mosaic from a Roman house.
Shopping near the Acropolis -
Mandee in her fabulous hat.
Shoes!  Robyn and Mandee.

No comments:

Post a Comment